Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Centus - Week 5

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to the fifth week of Saturday Centus.

This is a themed writing meme.

Each Saturday you will be giving a new "prompt" for the week and you have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Mr. Jenny has taken over the writing of the prompts and I suspect he will really make us stretch our imaginations!

Each linked essay must be 100 words or less, not including the "prompt" words. No pictures should be used. No profanity. The prompt words can be used in any place within your story but must be left intact.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because they are tremendous and since they are so short they are definitely a quick read!

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

WEEK 5 PROMPT

I settled into the comfortable movie theater seat with awkward 3D glasses perched on my nose, a small tub of popcorn on my lap, and a bottle of water lodged into the seat holder,


This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gah! Mr. Jenny, I hate movies! I'm going to twist this so far around in circles you won't recognize this prompt when I'm done with it. The gauntlet has been thrown and it's heading back atcha!

Vicki/Jake said...

POPCORN Mr Jenny????
This should be fun..

Kat said...

The prompts just keep getting more and more fun. Tub of popcorn in lap, I can see all kinds of comedic development from that one. Such as a certain person who threw an entire tub of popcorn on the people behind her the first time the shark showed up in "Jaws". Nobody you would know, just saying it could happen :) Kathy

Jackie said...

lol this was a perfect way to make fun of a stupid movie ! I had fun !

Tgoette said...

Woo whee! Another fine prompt by Mr. Jenny! Always fascinating to see all the interesting ways your writers take it!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Well, I thought Deckside Thoughts was telling a true story. I just decided to read about your latest prompt. I don't participate in that one so I haven't paid attention. But, I laughed again at her story after reading your prompt. I need to visit here more often.

ain't for city gals said...

Hi Jenny, I saw your question on my trailer restoration ...my e-mail is Molliedog1@msn.com If you e-mail me I will answer any questions you might have or help you get started....Sheryl

Tina said...

Hi Jenny,

I was thinking of joining your interesting meme.

I just wanted to check does the same story your writing about have to continue on from the following week, or is it short different stories every time?

If you could reach me at mummydgg@googlemail.com

Thanks

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack
Game FreakZ