Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Centus - Special challenge

Jenny Matlock
Welcome to week twenty-two of Saturday Centus.

STOP! If you didn't read the end SC's from last week, please take a moment to do so. Just work backwards until you find out where you left off. I feel really bad that the people at the end don't get read.

Thanks!

Now on to regular SC biz...In case you've forgotten...

This is a themed writing meme and a different challenge this week.

You can use UP to 100 words to tell your story. You can re-post the prompt picture into your post but no other illustrations are permitted. Your story can be fact or fiction.

You have the entire week to link your work to the meme and you can link more than one story if you like.

Please display link button or just a hyper-link back to Saturday Centus. Be careful to link your SC URL to the Linky and not just link to your main blog.

I would suggest that since these are so short, if you can't think of a title just use your blog name as the title in the Linky.

Try to visit each one because there are some amazing writers participating in this meme. Since the links are so short they are also a fun and quick read.

Please e-mail me directly with ???'s or ask your question in a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible.

This week you will draw your inspiration from a picture and not a prompt. And here's the picture!


This link will be live until next Saturday morning around 7 am. And please, remember to link to your SC URL...not your main blog. If you are unsure how to do this please leave me a message in the comments or e-mail me and I'll help you through it! Have fun!

post signature

7 comments:

Tina said...

woo hoo im first. I'm so excited I have never been first!!

Love the twist this week Jenny.

Deborah said...

Hi Jenny, for some reason I just put my comment in the linky!? It's one of those days! I tried to do it again but it wouldn't let me , hope it's okay.
Thanks for the great pumpkin prompt :o)

Unknown said...

It's appropriate that The 5th Sister is in the 5th slot. Way to shake things up Jenny, my dear!

Terra said...

Oh Jenny, you just love to make me think in the mornings don't you. Take my mind and twist it right up into words that may or may not make sense before the sun comes up, before the birds are tweeting...wait...where are the birds today? Have they all flown south for winter - perhaps I should join them - avoidance seems fabulous on the Saturday Morning.

Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,
My link #8 does not work because an extra 'a' snuck onto the end of it. Can you correct it?
Otherwise no one will find my post!
Best wishes,
Anna
of Annas Adornments

http://annasadornments.blogspot.com/2010/10/mrs-jenny-matlocks-saturday-centus.html

Susannah said...

I actually found this more difficult than the usual - but one remark from my partner when he saw the photo started my brain whirring and I was away! Thanks as usual for posting these Jenny. :-)


mine is here - http://panopticulated.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-fields-saturday-centus-22.html

Kat said...

I really had fun with this Jenny. Cj had suggested that I try and use another prompt to add to the story from a couple of weeks ago. Imagine my dismay when I saw a picture of pumpkins LOL. But the caffeine eventually kicked in and I managed it :) Kat