Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The story about Story-time Tuesday is...

...that there is no story again this week.

I'd like to come up with something dramatic and tell you that my brain was abducted by a UFO and stripped of all creative mojo...


...but that would just be a big, fat lie.

And way too dramatic for shy little me.

So instead I'll tell you...

I've been sick.

Sick I tell ya.

It was kind of one thing after another thing after another thing after another thing after another thing after another thing...

Must I continue, or do you get my drift?

And today was the start of Fall Break...

Which means...

I had three Grandlittles all day...

In that time we:

Ate at Waffle House
Looked at an adorable beagle puppy in a pet store window
Played on a playground
Went to Build-a-Bear (holy cow! Why didn't I think of that franchise?)
Played on a playground
Went to visit an adorable beagle puppy in a pet store
Played with adorable beagle puppy in a pet store for wayyyy too long
Set up volunteering at the pet store for the oldest Grandlittle over Fall Break
Drove home being begged for a beagle puppy
Rode bikes
Had a picnic in the yard
Made a craft
Had a snack








Good golly.

I'm gonna be honest here.

Fall break is all week so I'm kinda/sorta hoping that a UFO actually does beam me up so I can catch my breath.

But UFO excuse or not...

So the story is, I still don't have a story for you this week.

That's my story about my non-story.

And I'm sticking to it.

post signature

22 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Oh you silly girl! Who needs a story when you have real life to fall back. I think your fall break activities coupled with your photo essay were marvelous. Plus, I'm absolutely amazed you did all of this while being sick to boot. I reckon I've forgotten all we moms/grandmas are capable of while dragging under the weather. Get well, Miss Jenny! We all love you!!! =D

Rosalind Adam said...

I just love those Grandlittles of yours. Thanks for the real life story. :-)

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Feareth not, Matlock. WE shall return Tuesday after Tuesday in search of your story's continuation and be extremely satisfied with whatever crumbs you throw us. Face it, your crumbs are better than some 5 course meals.

Jeanie said...

I hope Pearl is not off doing something that will shock us all when we get back to her :)

Slamdunk said...

I hope you feel better soon Jenny.

Pat said...

You had a full enough day and it created its own story...your Grandlittles are priceless and it is obvious they know what a gem they have for a Grandma! Figure out how to take some get well time though...

So - when does the adorable beagle puppy arrive???

Skoots1moM said...

sounds more like your sickness, fall break and your story are sticking it to you, hahahah!
hope you're feeling better

Susan Anderson said...

I'm just glad you're feeling well enough to DO all those things, and I will simply look forward all the more to next Tuesday!

=)

H said...

Waiting patiently and hoping you survive Fall Break :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope you feel better Jenny.
Those kids will keep you busy...and wear you out. Perhaps a beagle puppy would be a great distraction!!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

How could we stay mad at you when you posted all those cute pictures?

Willoughby said...

I hope you're finally on the mend! Especially if you're going to have to keep up with the grandlittles all week!

Take care of yourself!

Jo said...

Wonderful non-story! and fall break??? I have never heard of it ... must be nice for the teachers! and hye, how come we dont get fall breaks ... someone could come in, cook, clean, scrub for us for a week, maybe give us a pedi and a mani and keep the mojitos and chocolates coming .... yeah, i'm a dreamer!

Mrs. M said...

Two weeks and no Pearl! Bummer - but I totally understand. Get better that is the most important thing!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Glory girl, your as bad as I am. Look at the list you did while you were sick. Look out world when your well!!!

Your Grandlittles are just precious.

Take care of yourself and get to feelin' better my friend.

God bless ya!!! :o)

Caroline said...

Thanks for stoppin' by. I always love readin' what you have to say. Sometimes I really do feel like a UFO has stolen my brain and I'm just walkin' around in circles and circles. Your "grandlittles" are so cute and fashionable. I bet it's never a dull moment. Cute craft, too. I don't own a round cake cover so I decided to grab that vintage one for 1 dollar. It's so big you can store anything in it. :) Thanks for stoppin' by. See you Thursday.

Lourie said...

Okay no more sickness. Have fun with the grands. No to the puppies. hahaha.

Esther Joy said...

Was that a "Yah-choo" since you've been sick?!!

Hope you are feeling better and able to enjoy all the activities with your "grandlittles" on fall break! They look like beautiful active littles that keep you busy!

La said...

Busy, busy, busy. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Ms. A said...

Oh, Jenny, I envy your energy and ability to keep up with those kids, even when haven't been sick. You are an amazing woman! Enjoy the fall break, I can wait. Those Halloween houses are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you are feeling a whole lot better sweet Jenny. Sounds like you have a very full week. There is always time later for stories...you just take care of you and those grandlittles right now. Hugs

Flat Creek Farm said...

Your grandlittles are incredibly cute! gotta love their smiles and expressions - SOooo much personality there! What a fun day! -Tammy