Sunday, January 22, 2012

An epilogue with a cliffhanger from a cliffhanger

Huh? Did you understand that title? If you did, you are obviously a Centusian. And, here TADA! is my cliffhanger epilogue. I thought this was a fun little exercise! There was a part one and a part two to this story as well.




“Mrs. Matlock? Why are you … … here?”

I cleared my throat. “Ummm…because I was ordered to undergo a psychiatric review.”

“Because...?”

“Apparently the rescue team thought I was trying to commit suicide. I told them I was only hanging off that cliff hiding from my son.”

He wrote on his little pad. Scritch-scritch-scritch

“Hmmm…I see.” The smug little shrink tented his fingers together. “And… Mrs. Matlock? Don’t you feel that might have been … … extreme … trying to ... … … ‘hide’ in that fashion?”

Scritch-scritch-scritch

I sighed.

“Extreme? Are you serious? Do you have teenagers, Doctor?

“Mrs. Matlock, we are here today to discuss your life…NOT my life. Can you please just answer my question?”

“Well, Doctor, if you don’t have teenaged children I really don’t think talking to you is going to help.”

Scritch-scritch-scritch

“Mrs. Matlock. Sit back down! You need to finish this evaluation or…”






Ha! See! It was an epiologue WITH a cliffhanger from a cliffhanger and a conclusion. What happens next? I'm not sure. I just ran out of words!


post signature

13 comments:

anitamombanita said...

Oh, you're making me nervous...do I need to start thinking about a post-epilogue for next week? You're such a little trickster....what's that psychiatrist's number I think I might need to call him and have a little chat...about YOU!!!

Pondside said...

I'm not taking part in this, but like to read all the entries - and Jenny, you're going to find yourself hanging from a cliff - said hanging organised by all the people who do take part! Cliff hanger epilogue to a cliff hanger, indeed!

Judie said...

Having teenagers is enough to drive any mother to visit a shrink, or to drink--whichever comes first!!

Unknown said...

Let's see: teen-aged driver + 3 parking lot accidents = 1 crazed mom with a bald spot (from the hair she pulled out)

Because I relate, I will forgive you your cliffhanger to the cliffhanger.

Ames said...

Here...I'll finish your cliffhanger from a cliffhanger for you....

Or what? You'll put me in the "Crazy house??"....I already live in the "Crazy house!"...oh what the heck....go ahead...I could use a vacation!

Hee hee!:D

Susan Anderson said...

Okay. No more cliffhangers to cliffhangers, right? Thought I have to admit, as the mother of four, I thoroughly enjoyed this one...

;)

Sharon said...

See? Next time don't tell the rescue team anything! I really enjoyed this one. Good job, teacher!

Judie said...

OMG!!!! I just went back and read this again! I've got that feeling, Centusians. You know that nagging feeling that we sometimes get from Jenny's cryptic words?? Yes, that's the one! So gear yourselves now, my fellow writers! Next Saturday is just not that far away.

Ms. A said...

There's no way that doctor can be qualified, without having a teenager!

Jo said...

personally i would write her a prescription for a real yummy lemon meringue martini and let her off with a warning ... sheesh, teenagers ...

21 Wits said...

Ha ha! Love your hair today too Jenny! ...you do have so many looks! ;) Okay, clearly Mr. Head Doctor has no children, and that means no teenagers .....so off with his head, just kidding...but your crazy silly writing has just put me in a funny mood! And after reading Judie's comment, I'm thinking she may be right and I'll have to plan a trip to get out of Dodge, I mean town!!! ha ha!!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hubs could often be heard sayin', "and this too shall pass," to me when the kiddos were teens. I never quite believed him though.

Yep...teens 'ill do that to a body!

Great hanger here girl.

Have a blessed week!!!

Nonna said...

Oh, NOOOOOOOOOO !!! You clever, maddening woman,so much for the profuse apologies and olive branch...love that last twist to drive us all crazy!!!