Friday, September 7, 2012

You call that a tough sport?

It's a full on contact sport.

The energy expended is incredible.

Rushing!   Shouting!  Passing!  Kicking!   Fighting!

You hunch down in the center of the field waiting for the tornado to pass by...

...and you think to yourself...

...watching three grandkids for five and a half days isn't for the weak hearted.

Are you ready for some football?

Football?

FOOTBALL?!?

Football is an easy game compared to the sport of grandparenting a non-stop house full of energetic little girls!

Where's MY gatorade?

Where's MY helmet?

Where's MY full body massage after this game is over.

Football?

C'mon.

Those guys have it easy.


 
This post is linked to week 122 of Saturday Centus. The prompt is bolded.  To read other offerings,  just click here.

PS.   It's actually kind of fun watching our Granddaughters.   This just popped into my head for the prompt!


post signature

14 comments:

Lynn said...

I love it! And hope to find out myself one day:@)

Jo said...

oh I so agree ... those young players ain't got nothing on grannies and grampies!!!

anitamombanita said...

agreed!!! Love this!

Anonymous said...

Aw, my favorite song; so of course that top one is my fave. Very nice.

pasqueflower said...

Had to chuckle! I feel like I need Gatorade after a visit from the 3 grandsons, even though I love them to pieces.

H said...

Too true!

Susan Anderson said...

True dat.

;)

Judie said...

Which had you rather do--watch the grandlittles, or unpack boxes? Ha! I know the answer to that!! You're such a good grandma!!

Incidentally, a Tulane player suffered a broken neck today when he collided helmet to helmet with another player in a game against Tulsa. The outcome is iffy.

RNSANE said...

You ARE brave! As for massage, I am most fortunate to be having massage alternate days here in Jaipur...for about the equivalent of $5.39/hour. On the days I am not having massage, I get accupressure, for $3.60/hr. It has helped me tremendously but is can be quite uncomfortable. It's a husband/wife team and she incorporates
some of her husband's accupressure technniques into her massage, which is the best I've had anywhere in the world.

The Poet said...

My dear Jenny,
As always, very insightful and funny!! Yes, I am ready for some football!! Goooooo EAGLES!!!!

Pat Tillett said...

Oh yeah! I know what you mean. We just had ours for a weekend and I was totally shot afterwards...

Now when I was a kid, I had three brothers. Three of the four of us were crazy (me included). We went to our grandma's place (in the country) at least twice a month for weekends. She gave us rifles. REAL rifles... She didn't seem to think we were crazy at all, she just thought we were boys...

Annesphamily said...

Oh My Goodness! We L O V E football at my house! Our son has the NFL package! We can watch almost all the games running around the house! HAHA!
My hubby and I get really silly and we crack jokes! Someone I thought I knew berated me on Facebook for giving kudos to the Jets! Hey I am married not blind! I know gorgeous eye candy when I see it, Tebow and Sanchez! Sigh! I do love my Broncos but I always give kudos to my friends and phamily that have their favorites! Gee, I hope we are not living under communism yet!!!!
I hope your week is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny, you sure made football sound easy!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How right you are! What a great response to your prompt. I couldn't think of anything. of course, I only had about 10 mins. to think before I had to be off doing something else. That's my excuse, & I'm sticking to it. laurie