Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pre-baking bacon...

...for a big party...

Is NOT a good idea.

You start with four pounds of bacon.
There it sits.

All piled up and tempting on a big pile of paper towels.

Soon.

You have 3 5/8 pounds of bacon.

There it sits.

All piled up and tempting on a big pile of paper towels.

Soon.

You have 3 1/3 pounds of bacon.

There it sits.

All piled up and tempting on a big pile of paper towels.

Soon.

You have 3  pounds of bacon.

And a stomach-ache.

As you put the bacon away in the fridge another piece or two wanders into your mouth.

You have no choice...

...but to chew it up.

After all...

it is BACON!

Arrrrggh.

Your husband, oddly, gets quite annoyed when you ask him to go the store to buy a few pounds of sausage.
Because.

Sadly.

You fear there is NOT enough bacon.

Consider this a warning.

Pre-baking bacon before a big party is NOT a good idea.

And neither is getting on the scales after you attempt such madness.

Sigh.
post signature

16 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I understand completely. Who could resist? It's not your fault- really. A jury would never convict you.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I understand. :)

Theresa said...

Oh how funny! We always make a big breakfast when we go on our Family Vacation... we have to make MUCH more than just what we are planning for breakfast! PRE-eating makes you need more:) Have a blessed day sweet Jenny! HUGS!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That bacon wouldn't last around here! Yummo. Who doesn't love bacon? Even vegetarians love bacon!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I can't cook Bacon without some landing in my mouth. I feel your pain!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I tried this once. ONCE. Never again. Thought I could save some time by pre-cooking the bacon for breakfast.

Melinda said...

"Food for thought."

Sorry couldn't resist!


:)

21 Wits said...

I totally understand, and we really seldom eat bacon any more!

Ms. A said...

I don't have much self control, either.

Janie Junebug said...

It's bacon's fault. It's too tempting.

Love,
Janie

Pam Beers. said...

There's nothing like a platter of tasty, crispy, flavorful bacon.

I've tried limiting myself to two pieces after cooking a pound of it in hopes of having a BLT later on for lunch. No way, Jose.

Breakfast bacon gone, peanut butter and jelly here for lunch.

Stef said...

I know, because that bacon just seems to jump into my mouth, totally against my will. It's so frustrating.

Pat Tillett said...

That's funny Jenny!
Pre-cooked bacon equals pre-eaten bacon...

Susan Anderson said...

Ain't that the truth? It's addictive!

=)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I plead the fifth!!!!! LOL

Anita said...

I LOVE pork bacon! My mom used to limit my brother and me to two pieces per day, because of course, those were the days when bacon, eggs and toast was the standard breakfast.

Now, I buy a pack about once or twice a month - a treat! :)